Long-run offshore race held at the end of July on a distance of c.a. 310 Nm non-stop. This is a race for patient sailors as typically there not much wind from various directions. Weather routing skills may prove essential for that regatta. For high temperatures in a day taking additional amount of drinking water is a wise move.
The route begins near Gdynia, crosses a Gdańsk Bay towards buoy ZN, where yachts turn towards Olands Sodra Grund and then go to the approach of port Łeba, where they turn back to Gdynia. The military zones are forbiden for sailing across.
SUMMERHEAT DOUBLE may be a qualifier to some oceanic races, e.g. AZAB or ROLEX Fastnet Race.
You may see a typical route of this race on the map below.
ORC Club (results count in OFF-SHORT RACING sailors’ classification)
Mini 650 (results count in OFF-SHORT RACING sailors’ classification)
Other information on the event:
• race licenced by Polski Związek Żeglarski (ruling body in Poland)
• sailors’ meeting in the evening before a start
• OSR category 3 monohull with raft; obligatory safety inspection and ORC control a day before start
• yacht presentation to the spectators on a start field situated very close (dozens of meters) from a spectators’ area – just before starting procedure
• satellite tracking available online from our web service