ORC Polish Nationals DOUBLE
Long-run offshore race typically held in the first half of August, counting c.a. 260 Nm non-stop. This is a race for patient sailors – at this time on Southern Baltic you may easily find light winds of varying directions, so there is a good possibility to show your weather routing skills.
The route begins near Gdynia, crosses a Gdańsk Bay towards buoy ZN, where yachts turn towards Olands Sodra Grund and then go to the approach of lithuanian port Klajpeda, where they turn back to Gdynia. The military zones are forbiden for sailing across.
You may see a typical route of this race on the map below.
ORC International (results count in OFF-SHORT RACING sailors’ classification)
Mini 650 (results count in OFF-SHORT RACING sailors’ classification)
Other information on the event:
• race licenced by Polski Związek Żeglarski (ruling body in Poland)
• sailors’ meeting in the evening before a start
• OSR category 3 monohull with raft; obligatory safety inspection and ORC control a day before start
• yacht presentation to the spectators on a start field situated very close (dozens of meters) from a spectators’ area – just before starting procedure
• satelite tracking available online from our web service
Last entries – 2 weeks before the event begins
ORC cerificates – data will be downloaded 3 days before start, no changes after that