Gdynia 400 DOUBLE
The longest regatta in OFF-SHORT RACING series, typically begining in a first half of June. The race is c.a.430 Nm long and is sailed non-stop. Versatile and relatively long route requires not only good sailing techniques, but knowledge of weather routing and physical resistance as well. Highest Baltic waves, formed along Latvian and Lithuanian coast, make the race even harder.
GDYNIA 400 DOUBLE may be a qualifier to some oceanic races, e.g. AZAB or ROLEX Fastnet Race.
The route begins near Gdynia, crosses a Gdańsk Bay towards buoy ZN, where yachts turn towards Olands Sodra Grund and then go to the approach of Latvian port Liepaja, where they turn back to Gdynia. The military zones are forbiden for sailing across.
You may see a typical route of this race on the map below.
ORC Club (results count in OFF-SHORT RACING sailors’ classification)
Mini 650 (results count in OFF-SHORT RACING sailors’ classification)
Other information on the event:
• race licenced by Polski Związek Żeglarski (ruling body in Poland)
• sailors’ meeting in the evening before a start
• OSR category 3 monohull with raft; obligatory safety inspection and ORC control a day before start
• yacht presentation to the spectators on a start field situated very close (dozens of meters) from a spectators’ area – just before starting procedure
• satellite tracking available online from our web service
CUP of PSSE President– for the fastest yacht in general classification ORC
SEA WOLVES –prize for the fastest yacht in the race (Line Honors)
SEA BASIOR– prize for the oldest participant who has completed a race
ORC cerificates – data will be downloaded 3 days before start, no changes after that